Team Blaze exists to augment and support the State of California’s fire service, enhance the capabilities and further the mission of the California State Guard. We will fight fire aggressively, providing for safety first. We will protect lives and property. We will not leave anyone behind.
ABOUT Team Blaze
Team Blaze specializes as a Type II fire line handcrew, ready to respond to any area of California when needed. While fire response is our primary mission, Team Blaze is prepared to assist with any major disaster, natural or manmade that impacts the citizens of California.
Team Blaze is looking for people who are interested in becoming volunteer firefighters. This is a unique opportunity to join a new and elite team of firefighters. You can be apart of this team and spend this fire season on the fire line. We provide training, good pay when deployed, and an opportunity to serve your community. As part of the mission of the CSG, volunteers respond to all manners of natural and man-made disasters. As the threat of wildland fire grows, the need for more firefighters has increased. The CSG has a unique opportunity for those who want to be part of the solution to this serious problem.
If you are interested in:
● Becoming a firefighter
● Responding to the largest fires in the state
● Receiving training and certification in firefighting that will allow you to pursue a career in the fire service
● Earn a military wage while on orders
● Receive Military training and experience
● Leadership training
● Educational Benefits – up to 100% of tuition and fees at a University of California, California State School or a Community College
● Become a member of an elite team
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Natural Disasters
- Acts of Terrorism
- Large Scale Evacuations
- Camp Fire (2018)
- Paradise Fire (2018)
- Mendocino Complex (2017)
- Carr Fire (2017)
- Blue Cut Fire (2016)
- Rocky Fire (2015)
- Operation Lightning Strike (2008)